Saturday, June 23, 2012

Work site - Gary

Well this certainly has been an incredible experience. We have been here 4 plus days now and it feels like half that time. Time flies when you are having fun as the saying goes! The carpentry ministry has been moving right along as Bob has been constructing screen doors for the clinic and I have been installing wood shelves. I put in my 14th shelf yesterday. The folks in the clinic didn't waste any time putting to use as they we all almost full by the time we arrived Sat morning. The children are the most amazing. Considering the poverty they live in it is amazing how happy, considerate, respectful, and loving they are. I met a little girl about the age of my granddaughter and she just wanted to smile at me and hold my hand. As I worked she seemed to be everywhere I turned around. All the children want whatever we start snacking on and if you aren't careful your entire supply would be gone in about a minute. They are a joy to have around though. The Lord is so good and is reflected in them daily! The construction ministry moved more rocks and sand and witnessed a bathroom going up from digging the foundation to the walls. Since I finished my shelf project I got the chance on the chain gang to move rocks and sand too. It will be extra strength Tylenol tonight!